Coupons for the Community

This blog is for showing the goods gotten for free (or really cheap) using coupons that were provided by friends and family. These goods are then distributed to people in our community to whom I feel God has called me to serve for one reason or another. I am not a writer of any sort, a super couponer, or a very good blogger. I am just a child of God trying to follow what I believe He has called me to do. Whatever God has put on my heart on a certain day is what comes out in a post, so I hope it makes some sense and is not offensive or scrambled. If it is, it is only because I am a work in progress. Love to all, In His Name.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"'If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.'" (Isaiah 7:9b)

As I set out the freebies for this post, seeing the Skittles triggered the little tune, "Rainbow of fruit flavor," from the commercial. Luke asked what I was singing and, as when every rainbow comes along in my life, I thought of how God promised Noah that the earth and every living creature on it would never be destroyed again by a flood.

Then I thought about how I had just learned in BSF how Ahaz, King of Judah, could have saved himself SO much grief and trouble if he had just remembered God's promise to King David that his seed would be established forever, his throne built up to all generations (Psalm 89:3, 4). Had Ahaz remembered God's promise AND believed in it, he NEVER would have made an alliance with the most evil Assyria, leading Judah into God's necessary discipline for lack of faith.

And all the while, Luke is learning in Awana what it means to make a promise and keep it. He knows that it means you say you are going to do something and then do it. He also knows that you do not make a promise unless you fully intend to keep it! I hope he one day can make a connection between a promise in our day-to-day living and God's promises, or covenants, in the Bible...with the exception of one thing. We are human and can break promises. But God NEVER breaks His promises. He will be faithful to the very end. He is a good and just and fair God who may use evil to accomplish His purposes, but He NEVER compromises His character and the perfect example of that is the death of His Son at the hands of evil men to accomplish God's good purpose of salvation for sinners."

And "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." (Isaiah 7:9b)

No comments:

Post a Comment